Do you love helping brands build relationships with their audience through compelling and engaging copywriting?
Do you thrive under the challenge of creating content that drives people to action?
Do you understand that every piece of copy you create requires you to adopt a client’s unique voice and mission, understand a target audience’s pain points and motivations, and optimize visibility through SEO or hashtags?
If you said yes to these questions, you may be a good fit for our team!
Your role will be to help our clients with marketing strategy, copywriting, editing, and content creation. You’ll help our clients shape their brand, tell their story, and grow their reach.
Together, with our team of writers, designers, and strategists, you’ll serve our clients, helping their ideas to thrive and change the world.
In this position, you will…
- Develop brand messaging (including business names, taglines, mission statements, etc.)
- Research and create an effective social media strategy and write captions
- Craft SEO-friendly copy for websites and blog posts
- Create email nurture sequences and landing pages
- Conceptualize and write digital advertising campaigns - including email, social, web, ads
- Write compelling headlines for articles, blog posts, emails, and social media ads
- Generate ideas, research, write, and deliver original content
Does this sound like you?
- You’re an experienced, effective communicator who speaks clearly and succinctly
- You’re well-versed in all aspects of copywriting, content marketing, and social media
- You love copywriting and find joy in the work, bringing energy, enthusiasm, and positivity to what you do
- You strive to deliver ahead of deadlines
- You have a solid understanding of SEO and keyword research
- You have excellent time management skills and can juggle multiple projects
- You value respect and open communication, including asking for support when it comes to your areas of weaknesses, challenges, or time
- You care about creating and delivering work with excellence. You’re not too attached to your ego and focus on putting best ideas first to get the best results.
- You’re 1,000% comfortable working in a virtual environment
- You do great work autonomously and as part of a highly collaborative team
- When a mission-critical project happens, you work till the job gets done
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase, “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You’re focused on getting the details right — you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks
- You’re always looking for ways to add value and do better work
- You value empathy, kindness, and compassion when approaching people around you, including your team and clients.
- 7+ years of experience in writing, content marketing, and copywriting
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- Knowledge of social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Excellent writing skills
- Communicate effectively in a brand’s voice
- Strong at ideation and able to execute a project from start to finish independently
- Familiar with the StoryBrand Framework and would love to use it in your writing (Bonus points if you’ve already completed the course).
- This is a freelance contract position
- This is a virtual position working with our distributed team
- Your location isn’t as important as your talent, but it is required that you live and work in the continental United States
1. What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why?
2. Why did you apply to this particular job?
3. Which of the required job skills do you feel you are strongest at?
4. How do you stay current on copywriting and marketing trends?